Cleanliness of the home is the preference of all home members for hygienic reasons and also to find their house in an organized shape which gives stressed out people the much needed peace of mind. A messy or an unorganized home could add salt to wounds if you come home really tired and exhausted after work. In order to keep your house neat and tidy or keep it clean between the usual cleaning tasks, you will need to do several small things to maintain the cleaning standards at home. Let’s face it, that a one time cleaning of the house doesn’t ensure the quality and the level of cleaning that one desires. You need to do some small cleaning and organizing jobs to keep it at the best cleanliness level.
How to keep your home clean between cleanings:
There are a number of factors and cleaning tasks that can help you to keep your house clean between cleanings. The following is a list of some of the most useful things that you can do to maintain a nice cleanliness level of your home between major cleaning tasks:
- De-clutter – You must look to sort out all your belongings once a week or maybe a month if it is about your clothing. Put aside all your unwanted clothes and all other items that you do not need at home. For such items either you can arrange a yard sale or just give it to some charity. This will make your house free from unwanted things which can create mess and an unorganized look.
- Keeping things in their place – If you are looking for a clean and an organized home cleaning, then consider putting all their things at their allocated places after using. Put your shoes in the shoe rack and hang your coat at the coat stand. Doing such small things would not take much time and will keep your house well organized and clean as well.
- Clean as you go – Do not look to pile up the cleaning work to be done by one person of the family at a specific time. You must have a clean as you go approach. Don’t pile up dishes in the kitchen after using. It can make your kitchen messy and would increase your cleaning workload. The best practice is to wash the dishes just as you use them.
- The appropriate tools and equipments – It is important that people must have the appropriate tools and equipments that are needed for cleaning. Such things may include hover, couch cleaner, cleaning detergents, washing liquid and a number of other things which speed up the cleaning process. Further, such tools and equipments also help the household members to do the cleaning things in a much more professional way. They also help in saving cleaning time as well, so that they have no excuse of avoiding the cleaning tasks.
- Keep an eye on spills and stains – Keep a good eye on all the spills and stains on the sofas and couches which can settle permanently on the fabric or carpet even if not treated in time. You must take the necessary cleaning actions as soon as a stain or a spill happens over any of your upholstery item or carpet. A stain remover for this purpose can be an excellent solution which can help you to quickly get rid of the unwanted stains on such items at home.
- Teach your kids – Kids can be very messy and the majority of the enhanced cleaning tasks are because of their naughtiness. The best practice in this regard is to train your kids with the very basic cleaning tasks. Tell them that it is their own house and they must keep it clean for their own good. This can be a very critical teaching phase for the kids and they will learn all the good things about home and home cleanliness when entrusted with some very basic cleaning tasks.
- Shop wisely – If space is of the essence at your home, then you must always think very wisely before doing any major shopping. Buying any unwanted item can add great pressure and burden to your home cleanliness and maintenance tasks. Try to be as selective as possible and never look to buy anything that you may not need too much. The idea here is that a clean and a well organized house would always look better than a full stuffed house that needs to be organized.
LEAVE A COMMENT