Looking for a way to clean your oven without using abrasive and harsh chemicals? No worries! With all the natural cleaning tips below, you’ll never get to spend more money and effort now. Not only you are your stress go away but also all the grease and burnt food away. Find out and learn the methods on how to do it!
Tips For Oven Cleaning
- Gather all you natural cleaning products and tools. Get your rubber gloves, dustpan, bowl, spatula, brush, sponge, clean, dry cloth and prepare your daily kitchen products like baking soda, lemons, and vinegar. Also, prepare warm soapy water in the sink too.
- Unplug your oven before cleaning. To prevent any accident and to save energy while you are working on it, don’t skip this step.
- Remove everything inside your oven such as the racks and the oven thermometer. Place the oven racks in a sink full of warm soapy water to soak. Don’t forget to wear your gloves.
- Make your baking soda paste. In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda and few tablespoons of water. Mix and adjust the solution until it forms a paste. You can also use lemons or vinegar to make your baking soda paste besides using water. Lemons will give a fresher smell while vinegar kills bacteria faster.
- Coat your baking soda paste all over the interior of your oven especially the greasy areas. Spread it evenly.
- Soak and let the solution sit for an hour. For particularly greasy and dirty oven, it is best to soak them overnight.
- While soaking your oven to the paste, tackle and clean your oven racks in the sink. Scrub the oven racks using your brush to remove dirt, food stains, grease and grime. Rinse them off and dry them using a dry cloth.
- Once you are done with cleaning the racks, get back to your oven and scrape all the dirt and grease using your spatula. The baking soda paste will most likely turn into a brownish or blackish substance because of the dirt. It helped to soften and loosen the dirt for you to take easily it off. Use your brush and dustpan to sweep and carry all the debris you removed.
- Once all the debris you scraped is removed, use your damp sponge to wipe off excess dirt. Be sure to wipe the whole interior of the oven, the oven doors and even the whole exterior of the oven. You can also use a vinegar-water solution if necessary. Repeat is wiping the oven until all the excess dirt is removed.
- Now that all the dirt is gone use your clean, dry cloth to wipe dry your oven for the last time. Be sure to dry off both the whole interior and exterior of the oven and don’t miss any area.
- Get your oven racks and replace them in the oven. Place baking sheets on the racks to catch dirt and grime every time you bake or cook something messy in your oven.
- Clean up, trash and gather all your cleaning tools back to their places. After all the cleaning is done, make sure everything is kept and cleaned.